There is an on-going joke in my family, that when people ask me what I am making for dinner
when I cook that is… that I coined the term “chicken surprise.” I often find that people make chicken constantly and on a regular basis. I feel like as carnivores and “boring” American’s… people are ALWAYS eating CHICKEN SOMETHING around the dinner table. There are so many yummy go-to and easy chicken recipes that we would be silly not to take advantage of all the options that the WONDER BIRD has to offer us…. but this post is NOT about a chicken dinner I made… I know my family will be in complete shock and amazement!!
This is a scrumptious little dinner I decided to make myself when the Sherminator was away for business. It was put together in under 15 minutes…
beat that Rachel Ray!!
- 2-3 large sea scallops (rinse and pat dry scallops).
- gently sprinkle scallops with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Heat pan over high heat
- Add extra virgin olive oil
- Place scallops on pan **IMPORTANT** Do not move scallops
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until bottom is golden
- With spatula, turn scallop over and sear opposite side for another 2-3 minutes.
The thing about scallops is they are delicate to cook, and it is very easy to over cook them. The perfect scallop should have a mildly sweet flavor and the texture should be soft, moist and easy to chew.
the tasti life